DAY 1:
About a month ago Isaac and I had the most wonderful time traveling through Europe. Our adventure started in Paris, France. We stayed in a quaint little B&B owned by a man named Phillip in the 17th District across from the most amazing park. | planning out our day. |
Our first day we arrived in Paris around 2:00 pm so we only had time to hit a few stops. We were lucky to have the most beautiful weather, it was overcast but still fairly warm. Our first destination was the Arc de Triomphe.
| The cutest most charming group of ladies asked if they could take our picture for us...they took about 50 on Isaac's phone but we couldn't even be mad because they were so nice. |
| The clouds were out of control that day, making for the most epic pictures. |
From there we walked to the Eiffel Tower. Walking through Paris was an absolute dream. Everyone is dressed so perfectly, it's a beautiful thing. I really had to step up my game. It was really impressive when I saw a woman running down an escalator in high heels...running! I was tripping over myself in my flats, it was pathetic.
So the Eiffel Tower was sort of incredible, aside from the obnoxious street vendors it was so charming.
| We loved watching the cute families playing with their kids on the grass. |
| Obligatory cheesy kissing picture...sorry...not sorry. |
| I mean... |
We continued walking and ran into a little Gelato/Bakery place and just couldn't resist.
As we walked back to our B&B we ran into an abandoned fountain that was turned into a skate park.
DAY 2:
The next day we got an early start and ate breakfast with a charming family who was staying at the same B&B as us. We ate on the top floor of our building, and had so much fun talking with Phillip and the Australian family about our plans for the day. We started with the Louvre. It. Was. Big. So incredible how much art they can fit in one building. It was so much fun going through with Isaac because he is like a fountain of knowledge when it comes to art history.
We then walked along the water and then crossed Love Lock Bridge to head over to our cooking class. We ran into the cutest little cafe that unfortunately had the worst food. Fortunately the ambiance made up for the bad food...sort of.
It was on to our cooking class after that where we learned how to make french macaroons. Although our macaroons looked far from perfect or anything close to perfect for that matter, they were delicious. I think the worst part was having to wait 24 hours to eat them, but it was well worth it.
After the cooking class we walked over to Notre Dame and then went to a charming little book store called Shakespeare and Company...I have just realized I may be using the word "charming" a bit much but there is no other way to describe this wonderful city.
We ended our day with a night time walk to the Eiffel Tower to see the twinkle lights. Paris was a dream and although we were only there for 2 days, we had a blast.
| this is where we ate breakfast |
| waiting in line at the Louvre |
| How cute is the little cafe? |
| I am pretty excited about the macaroons. |
| Isaac was a pro. |
| Don't judge too harshly, but I will say they were quite delicious. |
Love love love this!! Those macaroons look amazing!! Good work!! Can't wait for the rest of the posts!
ReplyDelete