Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was really special because it was my first one as a mom, ah! I am a mom!  It still sounds weird to me, but I really do love it.  Being Daphne's mom has been one of the hardest but best things I have ever experienced.  I love her so much and my love for her just seems to grow every day.  She has been such a blessing in my life.   

Unfortunately I have no pictures from mothers day because I was as sick as a dog unfortunately, but I was spoiled by Isaac with a yummy breakfast.

My mom means so much to me, she's the hardest worker I know at everything she does.  I am so grateful for her example and influence in my life.  She has patiently raised 8 girls (that's no easy feat) and is constantly thinking of others.  She's always up for adventure and has a pretty rockin' bod.  She's a blast to be around and makes any situation fun!  In 2005 my mom and I decided to run the St. George marathon together.  We diligently trained for 7 months before the race.  My mom put up with my high school cranky self for many early morning runs where I wasn't so cheery at 5 in the morning.  Let's just say she is a saint.  

I was very blessed and married into a wonderful family with an amazing mother-in-law.  Annette is so selfless in all she does.  She is a fantastic gardner and has quite the green thumb.  I love going over to her house to just hang out and talk.  She is so fun to be around and I love that she has raised such a hard working and loving son.  

Thank you mom and Annette for always being there for Isaac and I, thank you for being an amazing Grandma/Nana to Daphne.  I know she loves you both so much, and I love seeing her eyes light up when she sees you.  Love you both awful.  

Happy Mother's Day.























1 comment: