Hopefully I am not alone in saying this, but I set extremely high expectations for myself when it comes to celebrating holidays. And if I am being completely honest, I reach about 25% of those expectations which then makes me sad and like I've let myself, my family and friends down. I know that sounds dramatic, and it probably is, but that is just how I feel.
Growing up, holidays were always so fun and magical and I want that to go on for my kids. I mean, is it too much to ask for a good picture of my kids, nicely dressed in their halloween costumes? Or even just a picture of our family where we are all looking AND smiling at the camera? Or one with out me covered in spit up? Are these all unrealistic expectations? Well yes, they probably are at this point in my life.
So my goal for 2017 is to embrace the messy hair, oatmeal crusted faces and the not so perfect family pictures. Because in reality, that is what makes my family so perfect. Not because we are all put together but because that is real life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. In 2017 I am going to try and look past my expectations and focus on the quality time I can have with perfectly unperfect (yes, I know that's not a word) family.
Now here is an overload of pictures, you've been warned.
Now here is an overload of pictures, you've been warned.
^^
a freshly picked pumpkin right from our yard!
^^
even though we grew our own pumpkins, no October would be entirely complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch
^^
Daphne LOVED the cornmaze
^^
our annual friend halloween party. Having just had Raleigh a few weeks prior we scrambled to get costumes. So here you have two irresponsible activists, a bear and a very pushy park ranger.
^^
will take picture for candy...well sort of
^^
a trip to Cornbelly's, thanks to my Solly Baby Wrap, this outing went somewhat smoothly
^^
our pumpkins, which were sadly stolen from our doorstep shortly after this picture
No comments:
Post a Comment