Saturday, February 15, 2014

Europe Part Six: Rome, Italy

By the time we got to Rome we were kind of exhausted, but it was so nice because we had the most beautiful weather while we were there.
This is a little restaurant that my mom and sisters went to when we were in Rome, It. Is. Amazing.


Traveling with Isaac was so much fun because he was like my traveling tour guide.  He studied art history in high school and knows so much! Not to mention we just had so much fun together anyways.  Our first day in Rome we went to Dar Poeta to eat a late lunch along with an amazing Nutella and Ricotta cheese calzone...so amazing we went back the second and third day.

I mean...


Next we went to the Colosseum...






And the Trevi Fountain, there was a huge thunderstorm while we were there and it was actually really cool.





The next day we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and then left for the Vatican, which was insanely busy because the pope made an appearance...ya, we saw the pope.



The whole B&B was decorated around a 1950s theme.





Giolitti is the home of the best gelato in Rome and what I like to call, the gelato nazi (if you watch Seinfeld you'll understand).









The third day we walked around the most beautiful parks that were just around the corner from our B&B.







I could not get over these cute old men just enjoying a nice stroll through the park.





Roman Holiday anyone?



Our last trip to Dar Poeta for a nutella calzone.
Our European adventure was such a blast.  I am already looking to plan our next adventure.


1 comment:

  1. I've loved tagging along with you on the blog to see your European adventures! Gorgeous photos. Email me your mailing address when you get a minute. Ben wanted to send you a thank-you note. :)

    ReplyDelete