Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Europe Part Three: Salzburg, Austria

Well this is a little late, but better late than never, right?!

The drive from Interlaken to Salzburg was quite amazing.  It had just snowed and everything looked so picturesque.


On our way we stopped off in Lichtenstein for lunch.

I mean...

Castle on a hill, how cool is that?!

We finally arrived in Salzburg at our B&B which was run by the nicest Austrian woman.  Our jaws dropped when we checked out our view from our room...

I'll take this view any day.

I was really excited to be in Austria because it is where The Sound of Music was filmed, one of my favorite movies.  We checked out some of the spots where they filmed the movie.

This is one of the spots where Maria sings "I Have Confidence"


Obviously I was dancing circles around the pavilion...it's just too embarrassing to post to the world wide web.

This was probably one of my favorites, this is the house where they filmed Maria tipping over in the boat with the children...it was the most beautiful morning when we went.


This house is a private residence now but it was too good to miss, so we snuck in of course.

At this point I was completely giddy with excitement.  This part of Salzburg was absolutely dreamy and I could not help but sing all the songs from The Sound of Music in my head (and out loud to Isaac's dismay...lucky him).

More to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment