Is it just me, or are holidays a lot more fun with kids? This summer has been particularly fun because we have Daphne (obviously) and since I started college (which seems like a gazillion years ago) I have worked full time and usually couldn't make it to all the Bear Lake trips because of work. Since I had Daphne I have been able to work part time and I am taking full advantage of it with what seems like unlimited Bear Lake trips this summer. Also, my cute cousin Allyson is in town from the Bay area for the next week! No complaints here.
The 4th is such a special holiday but at the same time it makes me sad because it means we are half way through summer (at least it feels that way). We had a fun 4th of July full of;
blue berry pancakes
unlimited shoulder rides
boating (Daphne's first experience on a boat)
the yummiest flag cake made by my Aunt Brenda
fireworks
delicious homemade raspberry ice cream made by my Aunt Kimi
paddle boarding
4th of July outfits
hot dogs
beach time
potato salad and pulled pork sandwiches
and fun with family, friends and cousins
(please take note that most of the above involve food, it wouldn't be a true Osterloh gathering if it didn't)
(most of the pictures were taken by my sister Jess, pictured above)
No comments:
Post a Comment