If you haven't already heard, I transfered stores about a month ago (As if people actually read this haha). I started working for J.Crew in the spring of 2008. I had just come home from D.C. and was working in my parent's restaurants.
I wanted some experience outside of the restaurant business but still wanted to work in customer service so I thought I would give J.Crew a shot. I loved (and still do love) the company and thought that J.Crew and I could be a good fit, so I went and applied. I got an interview with the store director and I remember exactly what i wore and how nervous I was. I remember a week after I interviewed calling the store and following up to see if they had made a decision whether to hire me or not. To my surprise they said yes! I was in my parents backyard at the time and I remember how excited I was and telling my mom, "I can't believe I am going to be working at J.Crew!".
I started my job as a sales associate and loved every bit of it. The people I worked with were great and I loved the satisfaction of making someone happy by simply putting together a great outfit.
In the fall of 2008 I was promoted to be a Personal Shopper at my store. I held events and had appointments with clients, I loved the one on one interaction with my clients and regular shoppers. I did the personal shopper thing for about 2 years and was then offered a Key Holder position in the fall of 2010. This was really such a blast. I started working full time at the Crew and got to know everyone I worked with so much more. I was able to be apart of moving our store to a new location and learned so much from the experience.
An opportunity came up that I just could not refuse and this fall I transfered to the Lehi J.Crew store and was apart of a brand new store opening. This was quite the experience and I have learned so much.
Although this has been such a wonderful opportunity, I was so sad to leave my store that I had worked in for 4 1/2 years. I learned so much from store 625 and grew to love the people I worked with. I cannot express in words how grateful I am for all their support and kindness they have given me over the years. Isaac and I got married while I was working at 625 and the love and support I received from them all was amazing. Even through my college career I couldn't believe the amount of support and words of encouragement I received from everyone up to my very last final. I cannot thank them enough. I don't know how I got so lucky to work with such amazing people.
Now I am starting a new adventure at store 122. It has been a crazy ride so far, but a good one. I am so grateful for the opportunity to work at this store and I feel like I have grown so much already from it.
Thank you so much 625 for everything you've taught me, I cannot thank you guys enough.
Here are some pictures of my new store before it opened!
No comments:
Post a Comment