White Christmas has got to be one of my all time favorite movies. It would be a lie to tell you that I don't watch it year round. Judge me all you want but let's get real here, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, does it get any better? I don't think so. My sisters and I love watching it together. I am so lucky to have them, they are a pretty cool bunch (yes, they are considered a bunch, there are 7 of them).
I can always be silly and sing loudly to Savage Garden music and disney songs around Rachel with out feeling like she's judging me. Now that I have openly admitted to doing so, you are probably all judging me (you being the 2 or 3 of you that might be reading this...ok so 3 is generous, the 1 or 2 of you). I have so much fun with her and am so proud of her. Rachel is getting ready to turn in her mission papers! So exciting, right? My guess/hope is that she will go to Russia...the motherland. Rachel and I have this ongoing joke that we are secretly members of the KGB and talk in russian accents to each other. We think we are so funny and laugh at each other and most likely annoy anyone with in proximity of us. I am so grateful for her example, what a gal!
Sarah has got to be the most carrying person on the planet. She is always willing to help anyone out. Sarah is quite the volleyball player, she has a wicked serve. But I think the most impressive thing about it is that she has so much fun playing the game and doesn't let anything get to her. Anytime I have gone to her games she has a huge grin on her face. She is so much fun to watch. I cannot believe how much she has grown up! I will never forget when she was a little baby with the cutest peach fuzz hair! She has grown up so much and I am so proud of her.
Maddie Maddie Maddie. This girl knows how to have fun. Although she may have no filter (she says whatever comes out of her mouth) at least you know she's genuine. From the time that Maddie was really little, she's always been a big hugger. Maddie is so lovable and it has been so much fun watching her grow up. She is a killer lacrosse player and has so much determination. Maddie has a fun loving spirit and is so much fun to be around.
As kids, Katie and I sometimes clashed, but it has been so much fun as we have grown closer and closer together. Talk about someone who's done it all, Katie has spent time in the Philippines with Operation Smile, traveled throughout Europe, and been to Haiti twice with Healing hands for Haiti. She is so service oriented and is always wanting to serve those less fortunate than us. In fact, in a few weeks she is going to Paris, France for an intensive language coarse so she can learn french so when she goes to Haiti she can better understand the people. In her two trips down there she has grown to love the Haitian people so much and it is so fun to live vicariously through her adventures.
Gracie. The baby of the family. If I am ever having a bad day, a hug from Gracie always helps. I remember when I was in high school and she was really little, I would be having a hard day and Grace would come up to me and whisper in my ear, "you're a princess". As corny as this may sound, it was the cutest thing and just what I would need to turn my day around. Grace is goofy and fun and anytime I come to my parents' house she always comes right up to me and gives me a big hug. Grace, how about you stop growing up and stay little forever, OK? Sounds good to me.
Emily is the smartest 11 year old I know. She is always asking questions...always, and is so curious. It really is a bit crazy how much she knows. She is always wanting to go on adventures with Isaac and I and is the fastest skier I know. Really though, I dare you to race her...or at least try. It is so much fun to see Isaac and Emily talk, they are like two peas in a pod, they like the same things and are both wicked smart. Also, they both share an intense love for sweets...but let's be honest, what Osterloh doesn't? I cannot believe she will be in young women's next February!
And now for Jess. Jess is so great. She is someone I can always call to talk to. She helps me when I am over thinking things and always whips me into shape when I am feeling down. After talking to her I always feel better. She gets me to push myself to do things that I may not do on my own, such as marathons...bleh, or working out haha. We were work out buddies last winter, we would go to the field house everyday and just workout and talk. She is so easy going and kind to everyone. She is such a great motivation to remind me to just relax and not sweat the small stuff. I am so grateful for her loving example.
So there it is, a quick shout out to my fabulous 7 sisters. I have learned so much from them and continue to learn so much more. I love them all immensely and I don't know what I'd do with out them.
I love this! I know you had a bunch of sisters, but it's fun to learn more about them. That's pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteOsterloh's Rule!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!
ReplyDelete