Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Thanksgiving

Daphne took full advantage of Thanksgiving this year, we were able to celebrate with Isaac's family the Saturday before and with my family the day before.  Two amazing Thanksgiving dinners, how do we rate?!  Daphne was in food heaven, we stuffed ourselves with stuffing, turkey, sweet potatoes and apples, and of course pie was involved as well.  This year I made a salted caramel apple pie and I blew it out of the park! I am sorry, I am not one to toot my own horn but it's not often that I bake and that it turns out that well; so yes, here I am bragging.  Sorry, not sorry.  

My in laws did a progressive thanksgiving dinner this year which was so fun!  It was neat to go to everyone's houses and see all the little cousins together, Daphne was having the time of her life being with all the other big kids.  

That same week my Aunt and Uncle came into town from Northern California.  We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night.  It had been snowing all Wednesday so we wanted to take full advantage of the good snow and spend Thursday up in the mountains.   

Thanksgiving day Daphne went skiing for the first time at 15 1/2 months.  It was super cold so we just took her on a couple runs on the tow rope but she loved it!  Afterwords we hit up the lodge for a congratulatory cinnamon role for her first ski, let's be honest, it's ALL about the food.

Friday was Isaac's birthday, we celebrated with a Scandinavian breakfast at Finn's, the most delicious indian food up in Logan and cake.  We drove up to Bear Lake that night to get our tree the next day.  Cutting down our own tree was SO much fun!  I think we will make it a yearly tradition.  It was snowing all day Friday and Saturday in Bear Lake so everything was so picturesque with the snow covered trees.  

I love Thanksgiving and the anticipation of the holiday season.  Now that it's December and I am so worried I will blink and it will all be over!  We are trying to soak up every bit of the holidays by binge watching all the christmas movies and listening to christmas music non stop around here.







^^
Daphne at the kid table








^^
my prized pie



^^
Thanksgiving second time devoured 












^^
just talking about politics and such




















^^
my little helper, she loves the twinkle lights!


Cheers to the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment